W3C Recommendation 11 December 2008
Please make reference to the errata with this document, that may add corrections that are normative.
This document can be obtainable in non-normative platforms, offered by Alternate Versions of site content Accessibility instructions 2.0.
Copyright © 2008 ® that is w3CMIT , ERCIM , Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C obligation, trademark and document usage rules use.
Site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0 covers a broad variety of suggestions to make site content more available. After these instructions is likely to make content available to a wider selection of people who have disabilities, including loss of sight and low eyesight, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, intellectual limits, restricted movement, message disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations among these. After these tips will even make your Web often content more usable to users generally speaking.
WCAG 2.0 success requirements are written as testable statements that aren’t technology-specific. Guidance about satisfying the success criteria in specific technologies, in addition to basic information on interpreting the success requirements, is provided in split documents. See site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) Overview for an introduction and links to WCAG technical and material that is educational.
WCAG 2.0 succeeds site content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 WCAG10, that was posted as a W3C advice might 1999. Though it is achievable to conform either to WCAG 1.0 or even to WCAG 2.0 (or both), the W3C suggests that brand brand new and updated use that is content 2.0. The W3C also recommends that online accessibility policies guide WCAG 2.0.
Reputation for this Document
This part defines the status of the document in the right period of its book. Other documents may supersede this document. A listing of present W3C magazines while the latest modification of the technical report are available in the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
This is actually the content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 W3C Recommendation from the net information Accessibility instructions performing Group.
This document happens to be evaluated by W3C Members, by computer pc software developers, and also by other W3C teams and interested events, and it is endorsed because of the Director as a W3C Recommendation. It really is a document that is stable can be used write my essay for me as guide product or cited from another document. W3C’s part in creating the advice is always to draw focus on the specification and also to market its extensive implementation. This improves the interoperability and functionality regarding the online.
WCAG 2.0 is supported by the linked non-normative papers, Understanding WCAG 2.0 and approaches for WCAG 2.0. Although those papers would not have the status that is formal WCAG 2.0 it self has, they offer information vital that you understanding and implementing WCAG.
The Working Group requests that any commentary be manufactured making use of the provided comment form that is online. Should this be extremely hard, commentary can be sent to also email@example.com. The archives when it comes to general public commentary list are publicly available. Responses received from the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation cannot result in modifications for this type of the principles, but can be addressed in errata or future variations of WCAG. The performing Group will not intend to make formal reactions to reviews. Archives for the WCAG WG subscriber list conversations are publicly available, and future work undertaken because of the performing Group may deal with remarks gotten with this document.
This document happens to be produced included in the W3C online Accessibility Initiative (WAI). The objectives associated with the WCAG performing Group are talked about into the WCAG performing Group charter. The WCAG performing Group is component associated with the WAI Technical Activity.
This document had been generated by an organization running underneath the 5 February 2004 W3C Patent Policy. W3C maintains a list that is public of patent disclosures built in connection because of the deliverables of this group; that web web page also contains guidelines for disclosing a patent. A person who has real familiarity with a patent that your individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must reveal the details in conformity with section 6 of this W3C Patent Policy.
dining Table of articles
- WCAG 2.0 Levels of Guidance
- WCAG 2.0 Supporting Papers
- Essential Terms in WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.0 Tips
- 1 Perceivable
- 1.1 Provide text choices for any non-text content to ensure that it could be turned into other designs people require, such as for example big print, braille, speech, symbols or simpler language.
- 1.2 Provide choices for time-based news.
- 1.3 content that is create could be presented in numerous methods (for example simpler design) without losing information or framework.
- 1.4 ensure it is easier for users to see and hear content including foreground that is separating history.
- 2 Operable
- 2.1 Make all functionality available from the keyboard.
- 2.2 offer users plenty of time to read and employ content.
- 2.3 don’t design content in means that is recognized to cause seizures.
- 2.4 offer techniques to assist users navigate, find content, and figure out where they have been.
- 3 Understandable
- 3.1 Make text content readable and understandable.
- 3.2 Make website pages look and run in predictable means.
- 3.3 Assistance users avoid and correct mistakes.
- 4 Robust
- 4.1 Maximize compatibility with present and future user agents, including assistive technologies.
- 1 Perceivable
- Conformance Requirements
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Alternative Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Language
- Appendix A: Glossary (Normative)
- Appendix B: Acknowledgments
- Appendix C: Recommendations